Namco brings the Championship Edition to mobile and the Apple App Store to celebrate PAC-MAN’s 30th anniversary
SAN JOSE, Calif., – December 11, 2009 – The latest PAC-MAN hit is heading to iPhone, iPod touch and mobile in PAC-MAN Championship Edition, the newest game from Namco Networks, a leading publisher and developer of mobile, iPhone and PC games for mass-market casual gamers.
Bringing championship-caliber gameplay to mobile gaming devices everywhere, PAC-MAN is back to tackle dynamically evolving mazes and game modes, just in time for this iconic videogame character to turn 30 in 2010. Legendary game creator, Toru Iwatani, the mastermind behind the original PAC-MAN game, helped design PAC-MAN Championship Edition for its original release on Xbox Live Arcade. Namco has replicated this experience, bringing detailed graphics and visual effects directly to the player’s hands.
“PAC-MAN is adored worldwide and we wanted to begin his birthday year strongly,” said Kenji Hisatsune, President, CEO & COO of Namco Networks. “We sought to bring him to multiple devices allowing enjoyment for all.”
PAC-MAN Championship Edition features:
- Up to six different game modes making gameplay fast and challenging (mobile).
- Facebook integration to share scores and achievements with friends in an online global leaderboard (mobile).
- Twelve in-game trophies for completing various tasks (mobile).
- Four control types tailored to Apple’s devices (iPhone and iPod touch).
- Ability to purchase the Expansion Pack for more courses and missions (iPhone and iPod touch).
PAC-MAN Championship Edition, which is just the beginning of the many PAC-MAN products that will be launching in the upcoming 30th anniversary, will also be available across all major U.S. mobile carriers through this holiday season.
For more information on PAC-MAN Championship Edition or other games by Namco, please visit www.namcogames.com or NAMCO GAMES on Facebook.